By Myles Munroe CHAPTER THREE The Original Kingdom Concept: Colonization of Earth From our discussions thus far, two things at least should be perfectly clear at this point. First, every person on earth, without exception, is seeking a kingdom. Consciously or unconsciously, every human activity and endeavor is directed in one way or another toward […]
Matthew 16:13-20 Jesus and the disciples came to the region of Caesarea Philippi where Jesus asked them who people were saying that He was. They responded with several things He was being called. Then Jesus asked them a fateful question: “Who do you say I am?” It was Simon who responded for the group: “You […]
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. Proverbs 18:21
Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.. Phil 4:8
And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. Matt 21:22
So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Mark 11:23
But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” Matt 4:4
BONUS: For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; 1 Peter 3:10
The thing is, God gives us rules to live by and clear instructions on how to have a fulfilled life. So many times we (I’ve done it too) pick & choose what we want to follow out of the bible. We pick the scripture that benefits us at the time we need it the most.
I believe we all want a good life, whatever good means to you. Unfortunately, our words don’t reflect that. If words have power, that means everything you say is shaping your life. You may not feel it or see it the minute you speak it, but those words are planting seeds.
Just look back on your life or even where you are now. Do you remember speaking certain things about what you want or don’t want to happen and now you are living it?
Because words have power, we clearly have to be intentional with what we speak.
Tip: Only focus on the things you want/desire. Give no energy to the things you do not want. Watch how things start to shift.
SPEAK YOUR LIFE INTO LIVING THE LIFE YOU DESIRE.
We’ve all heard the saying that money doesn’t buy happiness, but is there any truth to it? According to a study, having lots of money doesn’t translate to happiness or satisfaction. In the research, it was found that people who had a high income were not much happier than someone with a low income. It […]
American Airlines customers will enjoy an improved experience at New York’s LaGuardia Airport (LGA) starting December 9, 2017 when the carrier consolidates its operations to one terminal. Upon the move, all American flights from LGA will be located in Terminal B. Since December 2013, flights have been split between Terminals B and C. This consolidated […]
Top 6 Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
1. Healthy Weight Low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein diets (like Keto) have been used for decades to help people reach and maintain a healthy weight.One key reasons why is that high-fat diets can actually reduce appetite, even when restricting calories. This is due to the nature of fat-rich foods. Also, by consuming a higher-fat/lower-carb diet, the body is retrained to use fat as an energy source, allowing the body to tap into its own fat reserves for energy.
2. Blood Sugar Balance A ketogenic diet can also be beneficial for those wishing to maintain blood sugar balance (for blood sugar levels already in the normal range). Studies show that low-carbohydrate diets, which limit intake of sugar and processed grains, encourage healthy blood sugar balance as well as other significant health benefits.
3. Healthy Brain Function Not interested in the fat-burning aspect of a keto diet? Keto may still be right for you. A big reason why so many people love the ketogenic diet is due to its support of a healthy brain and brain function. In fact, it’s becoming incredibly popular in many high-performance career fields. One animal study on aged rats pointed towards a ketogenic diet boosting cognitive performance for the study animals. More studies are being done, but that it is a promising outcome. I believe the proof is in the “ketogenic” pudding. Ask anyone who been in ketosis how it feels, and they’ll most likely tell you that their mind and thoughts are much clearer.
4. Support Gut Health Many who suffer from digestive issues shudder at the thought of eating a high-fat, low-carb diet. And for good reason. Increased fat intake can sometimes boost bowel transit time. But this is generally only a short-lived side effect. While more studies need to be done, numerous studies indicate that a low-carb diet can be particularly powerful when it comes to healthy digestion and digestive function. So, the keto diet can be a great addition to diet and lifestyle practices for supporting a healthy gut!
5. Discomfort Soother and Supporting a Healthy Response to Inflammation Ketosis has also been shown to soothe discomfort in the body and to support a healthy response to inflammation. I consider that a win-win!
6. Stable Energy Levels What’s probably most shocking about a ketogenic diet is how it keeps energy levels stable throughout the day. That could mean saying “good-bye” to afternoon slumps and no need for an instant hits of sugar, short-lived energy boosts, followed by a crash.
Ketosis for the Win? How is that possible? Fat (and the ketones produced from fat) are a readily available source of fuel. Once someone is fat-adapted and in ketosis, they will typically find that they can easily go for hours without certain foods and not have drastic energy level swings. There’s a solid amount of benefits for those who make the switch to a ketogenic diet.
Note; After reading this, if you are interested in trying a ketogenic diet, be sure check out my brand new line of supplements specifically designed to help you as you embark on a “keto” journey. Of course, the ketogenic diet of high-fat, low-carb and moderate-protein foods is primary, but I believe these supplements can provide keto-friendly options to help support the keto diet.
As with any dietary or lifestyle regimen, before attempting a ketogenic diet in any capacity, I recommend you try it ONLY with the support of your doctor or other health professional.
A Silent Epidemic of Cancer Is Spreading Among Men
The study, in the Annals of Internal Medicine, found that 11 million men and 3.2 million women in the United States had oral HPV infections. Among them, 7 million men and 1.4 million women had strains that can cause cancers of the throat, tongue and other areas of the head and neck.
The risk of infection was higher for smokers, for people who have had multiple sex partners, and for men who have sex with men. Frequent oral sex also increased the risk. The rate was higher among men who also had genital HPV. (Almost half of men aged 18 to 60 have a genital HPV infection, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Neither age nor income made a difference in high-risk oral infection rate. HPV vaccination is recommended starting at age 11 or 12 and is effective, said the senior author, Ashish A. Deshmukh, an assistant professor at the University of Florida, and “it’s crucial that parents vaccinate boys as well as girls.”The lead author, Kalyani Sonawane, also at the University of Florida, said that behavioral change is important, too, particularly smoking cessation. “The difference in oral HPV infection between smokers and nonsmokers is staggering. Having oral sex with multiple partners significantly increases risk of head and neck cancer in men, study finds.
Head and neck cancer is predicted to overtake cervical cancer in the USA by 2020. Though there are more than 100 kinds of HPV, the danger focuses on three specific kinds: HPV 16 or 18, which trigger cervical cancer, and HPV 16 which triggers oropharyngeal cancer. Not having sex is the only way to prevent HPV. Since HPV is so common, Using condoms correctly each time you have sex reduces the risk of getting sexually transmitted infections, and might offer some protection against HPV. Keep in mind that skin in the anal/genital area not covered by a condom can still be affected.
STD Rates in the U.S. Rise for the Third Straight Year, nearly 20 million new cases of sexually transmitted diseases (STD s) in the U.S. each year.
Get Tested! Take charge of your sex life today. Help stop the spread of STDs by knowing your status.